Divisional Headquarters (including Prayagraj)
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and services in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) was formed in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The University of Manitoba (UoM) leads the program and has partnered with IHAT to support the government in strengthening its Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health (RMNCH) and Nutrition programs.
Director - FRU
Job Summary :
1. Provide leadership and technical support to government health counterparts for reducing maternal mortality by activating designated FRU health facilities and ensure availability of good quality comprehensive emergency obstetric and new-born care at all the FRU health facilities of all the districts in the designated divisions (2-3 divisions)
2. Works closely with and reporting to Project Director- Health Facility Strengthening (FRU)
3. Coordinate, develop rapport and leverage support of Additional Director (AD) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), CMS, ACMOs, DPM and Divisional Commissioner/l District Magistrate at the district level for FRU activation by providing technical inputs and regular feedback on functionality of District hospitals and CHC-FRU in terms OT, LR, BSU in terms of HR, equipments and training.
a. Status of C section deliveries, Blood transfusion, Other signal functions, Iron sucrose administration Blood storage unit (BSU) at CHC-FRUs
b. Status and need of trainings/ mentoring for conduct of C section, BSU activation, Blood transfusions, Iron sucrose administrations and identification and management of complications of pregnancy
4. Conduct gap analysis of each FRU health facility in each of the districts in assigned divisions and provide feedback and collated facility wise data at all levels by regular assessments of each FRU under guidance of Director-FRU and in coordination with other team members of UPTSU.
5. Categorize the issues identified and follow-up for actions at:
a. The state level: through Director/ state team
b. Divisional level
c. District level
6. Feedback and support for all activities/state level initiatives for FRU activation for GOUP &
any other activity assigned by the Director for reducing maternal and neonatal mortality.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
– Conduct gap analysis of each FRU health facility in each of the districts in assigned divisions and provide feedback and collated facility wise data at all levels by regular assessments of each FRU under guidance of Director-FRU and in coordination with other team members of UPTSU- FRU team, RRTC-FRU specialists and PSO-FRU.
Key inputs expected from the Job Role :
· Work closely with District CMO/ACMO and under guidance of and reporting to Director- Health Facility- FRU, UPTSU, by providing regular data of gaps identified and pathway for filling the gaps.
– Any other work given by the line manager or organization from time to time;
– Additional tasks as may be added to the Job Description from time to time for the job role.
Essential Experience : At least 2-3 years of public health experience with field visits and liaison with government health officers/ counterparts and development partners in a similar role
Preferred Experience: At least 5 years of field experience of working with government counterparts and development partners in a similar role
Required Qualification : MBBS
Preferred Qualification: Master’s degree in public health (MD-Community Medicine/ Preventive & Social Medicine), MPH or any other degree diploma in related public health field from a recognized University/ Institute.
Interested candidates please apply by November 30, 2022 (Wednesday) using the online application form on /
You may also visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered eligible for processing.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
18 November, 2022
30 November, 2022