India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and services in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) was formed in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The University of Manitoba (UoM) leads the program and has partnered with IHAT to support the government in strengthening its Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health (RMNCH) and Nutrition programs.
Senior State Consultant - FRU/RRTC
FRU Specialist – FRU will support on technical aspects of the TSU program protocol under RMNCH+A with particular focus on the FRU Strengthening program to improve the quality of maternal, neonatal and child health related services in health facilities. This would primarily involve the process of supportive supervision and mentoring of FRUs by establishing Regional Resource Training Centers (RRTCs) and coordination with these RRTCs for skill development and training of medical staff and mentoring of FRU CHCs and DHs.
|Key Responsibilities :
· Provide technical inputs in the FRU strengthening program and prepare action plans accordingly for each zone under the direct supervision of Senior State Consultants – FRU.
· Identify, engage with and enable medical colleges and universities and develop them as Regional Resource Training Centers (RRTCs) to provide mentorship to FRUs on a continuous basis.
· Facilitate regional workshops/clinical skills practice sessions during mentoring visits
· Conduct field visits on a frequent basis to support the implementation of the FRU strengthening intervention and monitor its implementation.
· Facilitate project activities including workshop planning, technical materials availability to ensure smooth implementation.
· Identify, document, and disseminate lessons learnt and best practices from implementation in the allotted zones related to clinical interventions.
· Work closely with the supervisor/programmatic linkage on setting program priorities and directions, and responding to requests for technical support from the department Health officials and/or local counterparts.
· Participate in development, preparation, and dissemination/publication of technical papers, documents, and reports.
Essential Experience : Minimum 2 years of experience in public health.
Preferred Experience : Applicants with experience of working in public health programs in U.P., Bihar, M.P., Rajasthan with 3-4 years of experience, would be preferred
Essential Qualification : MBBS/BDS with post-graduate degree/Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology with at least 2-3 years of clinical/public health experience in Obstetrics and in the area of Maternal and Child Health.
Preferred Qualification: Degree/Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology with at least 2-3 years of clinical/public health experience in Obstetrics and in the area of Maternal and Child Health.
Interested candidates please apply by November 30, 2022 (Wednesday ) using the online application form on
You may also visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered eligible for processing.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
18 November, 2022
30 November, 2022
Divisional Headquarters (including Prayagraj)
30 November, 2022
30 November, 2022