India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and services in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UP TSU) was formed in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The University of Manitoba (UoM) leads the program and has partnered with IHAT to support the government in strengthening its Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health (RMNCH) and Nutrition programs.
Director - FRU
The Deputy Director – FRU at UPTSU will lead large project teams at UPTSU in the areas of Facility Strengthening (public facilities – Government of Uttar Pradesh, GoUP) from an MNCH, Family planning, Nutrition, and Systems perspective. .
|Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership and technical support to government health counterparts for reducing maternal mortality by activating designated FRU health facilities / strengthening district hospitals and CHC-FRUs to ensure availability of good quality comprehensive emergency obstetric and new-born care at all the FRU health facilities of all the divisions of Eastern U.P based at Allahabad/ Varanasi
2. Work closely with and under guidance of and reporting to Director- Health facility Strengthening – FRU, UPTSU by providing regular feedback and data of gaps identified and pathway for filling the gaps
3. Coordinate, develop rapport and leverage support of Additional Director (AD) and Divisional Commissioner at the Divisional level and CMO, CMS, ACMOs, DPM and District Magistrate at the district level for FRU activation by providing technical inputs and regular feedback on
a. Status of OT and LR equipments, instruments and supplies
b. Status of HR availability for conduct of C sections
c. Status of Blood transfusion, Iron sucrose administration and Blood storage unit (BSU) at CHC-FRUs
d. Status and need of trainings/ mentoring for conduct of C section, BSU activation, Blood transfusions, Iron sucrose administrations and identification and management of complications of pregnancy
4. Conduct gap analysis of each FRU health facility in each of the districts in assigned divisions and provide feedback and collated facility wise data at all levels by regular assessments of each FRU in coordination with other team members of FRU team including Dy Directors, Sub regional Coordinators, RRTC-FRU specialists and PSO-FRU.
5. Categorize the issues identified and follow-up for actions at the state, divisional or district level and meet , collaborate and advocate for filling the gaps identified in each FRU with UPMSC at state level, CMO/ ACMO (RCH), DPM, Store MO, Chief Pharmacist and DM at District level and with CMS/MS/ MOIC/Hospital manager at the FRU health facilities.
6. Any other activity assigned by the Director – FRU for reducing mortality and morbidity.
Essential : Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in in public health programs.
Preferred : Applicants with experience of working in public health programs in U.P., Bihar, M.P., Rajasthan, would be preferred.
Essential: MBBS graduate registered with MCI/NMC/State Medical Council and Master’s in Public Health or equivalent qualification
Preferred: Masters /MD degree in Public Health from institution recognized by Medical council would be preferred
Interested candidates please apply by November 30, 2022 (Wednesday) using the online application form on . You may also visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered eligible for processing.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
18 November, 2022
30 November, 2022
30 November, 2022
Divisional Headquarters (including Prayagraj)
30 November, 2022