Program Support Officer – Operations
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Closing Date: 20 September, 2020
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and services in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UP TSU) was formed in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The University of Manitoba (UoM) leads the program and has partnered with IHAT to support the government in strengthening its Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health (RMNCH) and nutrition programs.
Director, Operations and or any person designated by him.
Periodic field visit as per requirements.
Job Summary :
The Program Support Officer (PSO) will provide vital assistance and reports to the Director-Operations. The candidate needs to be highly organized, skilled in data analysis and competent to play the above role. S/he will assist in managing the coordination between various partners and support units under the supervision of the Director. As projects are dynamic, the individual should be able to adapt to changes in assigned responsibilities based on discussions with the assigned Director.
- The Program Support Officer (PSO) will provide assistance to the Director Operations and develop short and long term plan for Operation Unit for timely completion of task;
- Keep track of the progress, prepare weekly updates in regard to progress made against action items
- Maintain project schedule and assist the Director – Operation for his daily schedules;
- Routine project updates through weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narratives and Power-Point reports by critically analysing available data and information;
- Develop and manage key project timelines and ensure necessary follow-ups to ensure delivery within the timelines;
- Manage the program calendars and key dates on behalf of the Director Operation;
- Program data management and analytics;
- Manage and analyse progress using excel and other similar tools;
- Support in doing periodic budget and expenditure analysis to support in program administration;
- Support the Director Operations in periodic review of internal control system and effective implementation of policies and procedures;
- Assist the Director Operation during audits;
- Undertake periodic field visit as per requirements.
- Create electronic folders on project documents, correspondence, reports and other materials ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials by following the established filing and archiving standards and procedures for the office.
- Prepare concept notes and reports for consideration as required;
- Prepare high-quality presentations for internal and external demonstrations as directed by Director, Operation;
- Documents and analyses program data and presentations for all internal and external meetings, and maintain minutes of all the meetings;
- Prepare financial report;
- Documentation of best practices.
- At least 5 years of strategy and program implementation preferably in the Public Health domain with hands-on experience in program implementation / program support including procurement;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Prior experience of working with the government and on donor reports including budget reports would be an added advantage.
- Graduate from a recognized University institute;
- Masters preferably in Administration, Social Sciences, Public Health or related area / MBA or a recognised relevant professional qualification will be considered as an asset.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain high-quality of output working under pressure;
- Ability to use good judgment and experience working in a multi-cultural setting is critical;
- Excellent communication / organizational skills, attention to details;
- Ability to operate personal computers, corporate and commercial software applications and databases such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, perfect command of Excel, Internet, ERP;
- Ability to conceptualize, analyse, innovate, plan, write and execute ideas;
- Demonstrated ability to objectively analyse data and present complex data and information into simple and understandable information for a diverse audience;
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Hindi is essential.
- A high sense of confidentiality, diplomacy and urgency;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Self-development, initiative-taking and highly organized;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should submit their application clicking the “Apply Now” button provided on this page. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with the required skills /knowledge and willingness to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Advertisement Publish Date:
13 September, 2020
Advertisement End Date:
20 September, 2020