Closing Date: 16 September, 2021
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilisation, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
UPTSU provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP’s health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and Newborn Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Project Director - Family Planning
As per program requirement.
Job Summary :
The Deputy Director-Gender will lead the mainstreaming of gender into the project implementation by providing technical and programmatic support in gender equality across all aspects of work under the broader UPTSU umbrella. The successful candidate will work with staff across the project and all partner organizations to ensure awareness and understanding of gender inequality and how it impacts RMNCHN outcomes. The candidate with support design and implementation of programmes and research to integrate gender to address these inequalities. The candidate will also support strengthening capacities and skills of the team to use a gender lens to monitor programme progress and evaluate achievement of programme outputs and outcomes. The Gender specialist will work closely with gender advisors from the University of Manitoba.
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Lead a gender analysis in the project to systematically examine the differences in the constraints and opportunities available to an individual or group of individuals based on their sex and gender identity. The analysis will also include guiding the project on defining interventions to address these constraints and leverage the opportunities. The analysis will also guide inclusion of gender equality indicators within the broader project M&E framework.
- Provide direct technical assistance and guidance on issues related to gender equality across the project platforms and technical areas
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on gender inclusive planning, implementing and monitoring of activities
- Develop/ adapt tools, systems, processes and approaches that continuously improve technical excellence and impact in considering gender equality in RMNCHA projects
- Ensure use of a gender lens in all project related analysis, review and planning processes by integrating processes and systems
- Strengthen capacity of the UPTSU project teams about the need for integration of gender equality in all aspects of work
- Strengthen the understanding of the gender mainstreaming by providing appropriate training, as required
- Support the gender focal points/ champions in the different project arms/ teams to apply these learnings in programme and research implementation
- Compilation, analysis and interpretation of gender equality in the UPTSU project thorough research and preparation of top quality analysis and reports.
- Lead, coordinate, support, and/or conduct gender and power analyses and evidence reviews as required by the UPTSU.
- Support design of pilot interventions to address gender inequality in targeted communities and facilities and conduct quantitative/qualitative assessments to assess effectiveness of the interventions and their impact on RMNCHN and gender equality outcomes
- Provide technical support in inclusion of specific indicators to measure gender equality in existing surveys and assessments conducted by the project
- Work with partners to encourage incorporation of a gender lens in all aspects of program implementation and evaluation
- Work closely with other partners of the UPTSU project jointly learn and integrate gender equality across all program components.
- Establish strong partnerships with other organizations in the state and country working on gender equality in the health sector
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge sharing community around gender-transformative practices amongst delivery partners
- Coordinate with donors on the gender equality work and be the link between the project and the donors by participating in specific meetings, regular reporting and updating and sharing specific decisions related to gender equality with the project team
- Coordinate with University of Manitoba Gender team and the senior management team to conduct joint planning, designing, review and sharing meetings
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
- Assist the Department in framing and effective implementation of the Gender Action Plans
- Act as resource person in capacity building, knowledge sharing events and other relevant activities on gender equality
- Ensure knowledge sharing, documentation and dissemination of good practices on gender equality, women’s empowerment and rights within the organization
- Strong writing skills especially analytical report or research papers
- Strong leadership, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Any other work given by the line manager or organization from time to time
- Additional tasks as may be added to the Job Description from time to time for the job role
At least 10 – 15 years of over all work experience at national or state level in social development sector with focus on gender equality
- Minimum 5- 7 years of work experience in designing and implementing programmes that encompasses women’s empowerment, violence against women or gender equality at national or state level
- Minimum 5 years of work in senior management positions
- Experience of working with government organizations would be preferred
- Strong familiarity and experience of working in RMNCHN programme in UP will be an added advantage
Advanced university degree (at least at Masters level) with specialization in women studies/social sciences/social work
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity
- Team Management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Basics of Data Analysis and Interpretation (MS Excel)
- Understanding of GoUP procedural eco-system
- Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality
- Knowledge of Organizations’ System and understanding of inter-agency coordination processes
- High degree of sensitivity and demonstrated ability to achieve results in operational complex environments
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should submit their applications by clicking the “Apply ” button provided on this page. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Differently-abled with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Advertisement Publish Date:
2 September, 2021
Advertisement End Date:
16 September, 2021